How to Spot Fraud
Knowing what to look for
Every day, scam artists target millions of people in an attempt to steal money or confidential banking information. Avoid becoming a victim. Learn how to spot illegal activity.
Be alert for these warning signs:
- Missing bills or statements - You did not receive a bill or statement you expected to receive in the mail.
- Unexpected charges - Unfamiliar charges show up on your credit card, checking, savings or other account.
- Denied credit - You are unexpectedly denied credit or given unfavorable terms.
- Unsolicited credit cards - You receive credit cards that you never applied for.
- Collection calls - Creditors or collection agencies are attempting to collect money for unfamiliar purchases or services.
If you suspect fraud, call the number on the back of your card immediately. We are available 24 hours a day to protect you from theft and fraud.